Intro to Excel 2010 Macro Tools
Basic overview of the tools needed to use VBA. By default, VBA tools are hidden. It is required that you complete the steps below to change a setting in Excel options to access the Developer tab.
- Open File menu to get to the new Backstage view.
- On the left navigation bar, select Options under Excel.
- In the Excel Options dialog, from the left navigation, select Customize Ribbon.
- In the Right list box, Select the check box next to the Developer tab located third from the bottom.
- To return to Excel, click OK
Icons used for recording and playing back VBA macros in the Code group on the Developer tab:
Visual Basic icon - Opens Visual Basic Editor.
Macros icon - Displays the Macro dialog, where you can choose to run or edit a macro from the list of macros.
Record Macro icon - Begins the process of recording a macro.
Use Relative Reference icon - Alternates between using relative or absolute recording. With relative recording, Excel will record that you move down three cells. With absolute recording, Excel will record that you selected cell A4.
Macro Security icon - Accesses the Trust Center, where you can choose to allow or disallow macros to run on this computer.